Most Active Stories
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Off the Record | December 13, 2013 | #4325
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Radio Made in Michigan
Thu February 28, 2013
Michigan House Oks Vet Designation On ID And Licenses
The Michigan House has approved legislation that would allow veterans to get a special designation on driver's licenses and state identification cards.
Lawmakers say the legislation will provide veterans with easier access to the services and benefits they deserve. They say veterans will be able to get discounts at places like stores and hotels more easily with this special designation.
Republican Rep. Nancy Jenkins of Clayton says without the designation, many veterans are forced to carry copies of their discharge papers to prove their service. She says 27 other states already have a veterans' designation on driver's licenses.
The bills now go the Senate for approval.