Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
Thu June 25, 2009
Mich. secretary of state not running for governor
GRAND RAPIDS, MI – Michigan Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land says she won't run for governor in 2010 and is backing Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard for the job.
Land, a Republican from the Grand Rapids area, has been secretary of state since 2003. She can't run again in 2010 because of term limits.
Earlier in the year, she filed paperwork setting up an exploratory committee for governor.
Land said Thursday that Bouchard, a former state senator, has the legislative experience necessary to serve as governor at this time.