Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon August 31, 2009
Mich. Republicans urge protests at Peters' forum
LANSING, MI – Given the tone of an e-mail sent out Monday by the Oakland County GOP, a Tuesday night health care town hall meeting sponsored by U.S. Rep. Gary Peters could be rowdy.
County GOP Chairman David Law urged supporters to ask the Bloomfield Township Democrat to "stop the government takeover of health care."
The forum for 9th District residents takes place at West Bloomfield High School. Peters has held smaller discussions with constituents in recent months, and says residents will be able to ask questions about health care proposals at Tuesday's meeting.
The only other Michigan congressmen to hold open health care forums in recent weeks are Democrat John Dingell of Dearborn and Republican Pete Hoekstra of Holland. Health care protesters picketed outside Peters' Troy office in early August.