Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue October 13, 2009
Mich. investigating underage drinking at GOP event
LANSING, MI – The state Liquor Control Commission is looking into statements made in a college student's blog that underage drinking took place at candidates' parties during a recent gathering of Michigan Republicans on Mackinac Island.
Commission spokeswoman Andrea Miller said Tuesday an investigation has been opened.
The Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference was held Sept. 25 and 26.
The Sept. 28 entry of the blog by Central Michigan University student Vanessa Oblinger said she and other underage College Republicans who went to the conference were served alcohol at the parties. The blog has since been taken down.
She declined to comment Tuesday when reached on her cell phone.
Michigan GOP spokeswoman Jennifer Hoff wouldn't comment on the allegations.