Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri August 14, 2009
Marques, DeSouza lead Dream past Shock 80-75
ATLANTA – Iziane Castro Marques scored 16 points and Erika DeSouza had 15 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead the Atlanta Dream to a 80-75 win over the Detroit Shock on Thursday night.
The Dream (12-11) beat Detroit for the third time this season, ending the Shock's two-game winning streak.
Chamique Holdslaw had 14 points for Atlanta, while Sancho Lyttle added 10 points and 12 rebounds.
Deanna Nolan led Detroit (9-12) with 20 points, but shot 7 of 25 from the field. Katie, who fouled out late in the fourth quarter, finished with 17 points and Cheryl Ford added 15 points.
Kara Braxton's layup put Detroit ahead 69-68 with just over 3 minutes left in the fourth. But the Dream answered with seven straight points.