Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu November 26, 2009
LeBron scores 34 in Cavs' 98-88 win vs. Pistons
AUBURN HILLS, MI – LeBron James scored 12 of his 34 points in the first quarter, helping the Cleveland Cavaliers build a cushion it used to cruise to a 98-88 win over the Detroit Pistons
on Wednesday night.
James' strong start gave the Cavs a nine-point lead to start the second quarter. Reserve Daniel Gibson and Mo Williams combined to score 18 points in the second quarter to put them ahead by 18 at halftime.
When the Pistons pulled within 10 midway through the fourth quarter, James responded with a 3-pointer and a double-pump dunk.
Detroit cut its deficit to eight points with 4:15 left and James made plays at both ends of the court to give the Cavs another double-digit lead.