Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu November 5, 2009
Lansing Symphony goes "Into the Heavens" with Holst, Poulenc
By Melissa Ingells, WKAR News
UNDATED – WKAR's Morning Edition host Melissa Ingells speaks with the conductor of the Lansing Symphony Orchestra, Timothy Muffitt, about the next Masterworks concert at Wharton Center. The program features Holst's "The Planets" and Poulenc's "Gloria." Melissa Ingells first asked Muffitt if the orchestra would perform all of "The Planets," with the caveat that Pluto hadn't been discovered yet when Holst was composing, and has since been demoted: