Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon June 1, 2009
Lansing GM plants to remain open
By Melissa Ingells, WKAR News
LANSING, MI – Lansing's two General Motors plants will remain open, according to a statement this morning from GM.
GM has two plants in Lansing. The Delta Township plant builds the GMC Acadia, Saturn Outlook, and Buick Enclave. The Grand River Assembly produces Cadillacs.
It's not yet known whether the closure of other plants will bring additional work to remaining facilities.
Factories in other parts of Michigan that are slated to be closed or idled include the Orion and Pontiac plants, the Grand Rapids stamping plant, the Pontiac stamping plant, the Livonia Engine Plant, Flint North, and Willow Run.