Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu December 20, 2012
Lansing Everett, Holt District Briefly Initiate Lockdowns
Lansing Everett High School was locked down for a time Thursday after a report that three men fleeing a police officer had entered the school with a gun.
The Lansing State Journal reports the three were arrested inside the school. One of them was carrying a pellet gun.
Meanwhile, the Holt school district instituted a perimeter lockdown at the high school, ninth grade campus and the junior high because of a rumor of threatened violence at the high school. An investigation was conducted and officials say the rumor was unsubstantiated.