Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue July 31, 2012
Lansing Cmty College Announces $67m in Renovations
Lansing Community College is launching a $67-million renovation that will update and expand dozens of classrooms and social spaces. School officials--who call the project “transformative”—say the changes will improve the overall student experience at the school.
LCC President Brent Knight claims renovations to science classrooms will make them one of the best undergraduate learning environments in the country.
“We retained a consulting firm from St. Louis and their entire practice is planning university science labs across the nation," he explains. "So that is what we asked of them.”
Upgrades could mean the end of the college’s downtown swimming pool. School officials argue the pool is not used enough to warrant a costly upgrade. But they’ve promised to continue discussing the matter.