Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed June 20, 2012
Lansing Area Cooling Centers Open for Second Day
Tri-county area ‘cooling centers’ will be activated for a second straight day on Wednesday.
Weather forecasters call for high temperatures in the middle 90’s in the Lansing area.
Emergency management officials urge people with health conditions worsened by heat and humidity to spend at least a few hours a day in an air conditioned place during hot conditions.
Cooling centers will be open throughout Ingham, Eaton and Clinton counties. Free rides are available to people with a physical and financial need through CATA, EATRAN and Clinton Area Transit.
To find a cooling center or to determine if someone is eligible for a free ride, residents should dial 2-1-1.