Most Active Stories
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- Off the Record | December 13, 2013 | #4325
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Wed January 6, 2010
Koivu, Perry lead Ducks past Red Wings, 4-1
ANAHEIM, CA – Saku Koivu scored his 200th goal, Jonas Hiller made 38 saves, and the Anaheim Ducks ended a three-game losing streak with a 4-1 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on
Matt Beleskey scored his first NHL goal and Corey Perry ended a 10-game goal drought with a late score for the last-place Ducks, who struggled while playing 10 of their last 12 games on the road.
With star center Ryan Getzlaf back in the lineup, Anaheim took charge early when Koivu reached his latest career milestone with a remarkable short-handed effort in the first period.
Valtteri Filppula scored on a rebound with 8:57 left to end Hiller's bid for his sixth career shutout, but Perry replied with 6:31 to play.