Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed September 2, 2009
Kirk Cousins embraces opportunity to start at quarterback for Michigan State
East Lansing, MI – After being named the starting quarterback to open the season this Saturday against Montana State, Kirk Cousins looks to take advantage of his opportunity. Entering his Sophomore season, Cousins has had some game experience last season as a freshmen backing up Brian Hoyer.
During spring and summer practice Cousins and fellow sophomore Keith Nichol have had a very close competition for the starting role at quarterback.
As game day approaches Cousins' preparation will not change as he will be living one of his dreams this Saturday leading the Spartan football team onto the field as their starting quarterback.