Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Recognized By Her Peers
Wed March 20, 2013
Kim Geiger Honored with WKAR Crystal Award
Kim Geiger, a member of WKAR’s Information Technology team since 2001, was honored with the WKAR Crystal Award on March 18, 2013.
The Crystal Award is presented to a WKAR staff member recognized by their peers for superior accomplishment in station activities. Nominees are nominated and voted upon by fellow staff members.
“WKAR-AM, FM and TV is a 24/7/365 operation that relies on its technical infrastructure,” said WKAR General Manager Gary Reid. “Kim Geiger’s efforts in maintaining the IT backbone are essential to everything we do. Kim’s work is exemplary and on behalf of the entire staff, we thank her for her hard work and dedication.
Nominations from her peers included such comments as “…she never asks for recognition, but puts her continuous thoughts and efforts into making things better...”
Another wrote, “She is patient, kind and is constantly finding ways we can improve and make things more efficient.”
This is the second Crystal Award presented by WKAR. The first honored engineers Gary Blievernicht and Rick Thomas for their contributions in helping WKAR through its digital conversion.