Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Radio Made in Michigan
Wed March 6, 2013
Judge To Hear Legal Challenge To Michigan’s Gay Marriage Ban
In Michigan, a federal judge could rule as soon as Thursday on a challenge to the state’s ban on same-sex marriage and civil unions.
This occurs as the U-S Supreme Court is about to hear two cases dealing with gay marriage. In the Michigan case, a lesbian couple sued not because they want to be married, but because they want to be parents.
We have more from The Michigan Public Radio Network's Rick Pluta.