Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Off the Record | December 13, 2013 | #4325
Thu January 28, 2010
Jen Sygit and Spare Change | BackStage Pass
Bluesy folk with an edge from Michigan's singer/songwriter Jen Sygit.
Originally aired 1/28/10
Bluesy folk with an edge, from Michigan's singer/songwriter Jen Sygit and backed by the fine musicians of Spare Change. Jen Sygit performs tunes from her recordings So Long Polyanna, Leaving Marshall St. and more. Leaving Marshall St. was nominated for a 2007 Detroit Music Award for Outstanding Acoustic/Folk Recording.
Video at YouTube
Songs heard include Rockingchair Blues, Pay for What You Get, Racecar #4, Marshall Street, When I'm a Star, The Whole Truth, One Thing, Sugar High and The Devil's Lullaby.
As a solo artist, Jen Sygit performs: The House Where Nobody Lives and Conductor Man.
Jen Sygit is backed by Spare Change: Tahmineh Gueramy (fiddle, vocals), Drew "Captain Midnite" Howard (dobro, guitar, banjo, vocals), Jason Scott (percussion) and Spencer Cain (upright bass).