Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed December 23, 2009
James leads No. 2 Texas past No. 9 Michigan State
AUSTIN, TX – AUSTIN, TX (AP) - Damion James had 23 points and 13 rebounds, leading No. 2 Texas past No. 9 Michigan State 79-68 on Tuesday night, giving the Longhorns consecutive wins over Top 10 teams.
Like the victory over No. 10 North Carolina on Saturday, James led this one. He followed his 25 points and 15 rebounds against the Tar Heels with another big showing to rally the Longhorns (11-0) from an early deficit.
Chris Allen had 12 points for the Spartans (9-3), who couldn't beat Texas for a fourth straight year.
The Longhorns hadn't played a ranked opponent before last weekend and now have impressive wins over two of the nation's best.
Jordan Hamilton had 14 points, including four 3-pointers, for the Longhorns, who now have a week off.