Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed August 19, 2009
Jackson's 36 lead Seattle over Detroit Shock
AUBURN HILLS, MI – Lauren Jackson scored 36 points to lead the Seattle Storm over the Detroit Shock, 79-75 on Tuesday night.
Deanna Nolan finished with 29 for Detroit.
Seattle dominated the first half, taking a 38-21 lead behind 17 points from Jackson. The Storm outshot Detroit 49 percent to 27 percent.
The Shock, though, started the third quarter with a 13-0 run to get back into the game.
The Storm still had a five-point advantage going into the fourth, but Taj McWilliams' three-point play tied the game at 67 with 3:37 left. Jackson answered with her third 3-pointer of the quarter, and former Shock players Swin Cash and Shannon Johnson hit four key free throws in the last 90 seconds.