Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Mon June 1, 2009
Jackson leads Tigers over Orioles 3-0
BALTIMORE (AP) – BALTIMORE (AP) - The Tigers take today off before hosting Boston for three games and Los Angeles for three more.
Detroit came out of Baltimore with a split of their four-game weekend series with a 3-0 victory at Camden Yards.
Edwin Jackson (5-3) allowed just two hits over eight innings and struck out seven. He was pulled by manager Jim Leyland after throwing 101 pitches.
Fernando Rodney pitched the ninth and earned his 10th save in 10 tries. It was Detroit's major-league high seventh shutout of the season.
Curtis Granderson homered for the Tigers.