Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon August 24, 2009
International Students Arriving At MSU
By Scott Pohl, WKAR News
EAST LANSING, MI – International students are beginning to arrive on the Michigan State University campus for the new academic year.
AUDIO: Students from all parts of the globe are in East Lansing to get acclimated to their new surroundings.
Peter Briggs, director of the Office for International Students and Scholars at MSU, says orientation events began on Sunday.
"We will have about 1,400 new international students from all over the world here," Briggs says, "and our job is to welcome them and introduce them to the campus...and it's outstanding fun."
These students pay the higher international tuition. Briggs says foreign students at Michigan colleges and universities bring about $500,000,000 dollars into the state.
Students from the United States arrive for orientation starting next Sunday.