Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue May 29, 2012
Ingham Road Official Reassumes Position
A top administrator at the Ingham County Road Commission says he is “elated” to be back at his old position.
Longtime Operations Director Jim Benjamin reassumed his job Tuesday after being fired last October over alleged turmoil at the agency.
Despite the reinstatement, Benjamin and his attorney say they have not dropped a wrongful termination lawsuit against the county.
In its last official gathering last week, the road commission offered Benjamin his job back without conditions. The Ingham County Board of Commissioners will oversee the agency beginning Friday.