Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon February 13, 2012
Igudesman And Joo: 'I Will Survive'
Violinist Aleksey Igudesman and pianist Hyung-ki Joo believe that classical music should be fun. That's why they subvert it whenever they appear on stage.
Igudesman and Joo are professional musicians who kick the stuffing out of music. They use every means at their disposal to find a laugh — combining elements of serious music with pop songs, playing instruments with unorthodox devices and generally cutting up on stage. Their YouTube videos — (beginning with one called "Rachmaninov Had Big Hands") have garnered over 20 million hits. Igudesman and Joo have been touring the US and stopped by NPR to play — in both senses of the word.