Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed November 21, 2012
Holiday Travel Season Gets Under Way In Michigan
Travelers are crossing Michigan to their holiday travel destinations.
AAA Michigan estimates that about 1.3 million state residents will travel 50 miles or more during this year's Thanksgiving period, an increase of 7% over 2011. They're joining about 44 million Americans who are traveling Wednesday through Sunday.
Christopher Hopper of Macomb is one of those taking to the air, rails or roads. In his case, it's the air.
The 21-year-old Harvard University student flew home from Boston to celebrate Thanksgiving with his family.
Hopper says his travel experience was "not as bad" as he thought it might be.