Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu August 13, 2009
Haslett church wins $70,000 in lottery
HASLETT, MI – A mid-Michigan church is $70,000 richer courtesy of the Michigan Lottery.
The Covenant Life Worship Center and its 25 members in Haslett had one of the second-prize tickets in the Lucky 7s raffle held May 4. Michigan Lottery officials say the church will receive the full amount because it is tax-exempt.
The $10 ticket was purchased at a convenience store in Haslett. The lottery Web site says the odds of a single ticket winning $70,000 in Lucky 7s are one in 55,556.
Pastor Marilyn Parmelee tells the Lansing State Journal that the prize money will go toward the church building fund, setting up a missionary fund and supporting local community service projects.