Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu June 14, 2012
Gym Manager Booby-Traps Locker To Catch Thief
Originally published on Thu June 14, 2012 7:07 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Thieves have been breaking into gym lockers and stealing wallets at Vita Fitness in Washington, D.C., so manager Chris Kopp posted a sign reminding people about the surveillance cameras in the locker room. But as NBC 4 reports, Kopp went further. He slapped a flimsy lock on one locker and rigged it so flour would poof out on the person who opened it. Sure enough, a would-be thief took the bait and got covered in flour. Did that make it a white collar crime? You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.