Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri August 24, 2012
Guerrilla Gardening In Provo City, Utah
For four years now several of our city planners here in Provo City have been growing a garden in their spare time.
Did I mention that they're growing the garden on the steps of City Hall?
The planners were inspired by the guerrilla gardening concept — planting vegetables in underused public spaces — and also wanted to show that you don't need a lot of space to grow your own food.
They donate the produce, including potatoes, carrots and squash, to the local food bank.
Helen Anderson is the city's public information officer. She listens to KUER.