Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri May 1, 2009
Granholm repeats confidence in Chrysler's future
By Rick Pluta, Michigan Public Radio Network
East Lansing, MI – East Lansing, MI
Rick Pluta (MPRN)
Governor Granholm uses her weekly radio address to reiterate her support for Chrysler's turnaround plan that includes a partnership with the Italian carmaker Fiat.
She says it provides some certainty about Chrysler's future, although she's disappointed the company has to use bankruptcy restructuring to finish the deal.
Chrysler's idled all its plants while the bankruptcy proceedings are underway.
And the company's bankruptcy filing says there will be more plant shutdowns.
President Obama's auto czar Edmond Montgomery returns to Michigan next week to visit communities hurt by the automotive crisis.