Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Off the Record | December 13, 2013 | #4325
Thu July 30, 2009
Granderson, Tigers beat up Rangers 13-5
ARLINGTON, TX – Curtis Granderson led off the game with a home run and connected again in the second inning, and Justin Verlander equaled a career high by striking out 13 as the Detroit
Tigers beat the Texas Rangers 13-5 Wednesday night.
The Tigers scored in each of the first seven innings and matched a season high with 19 hits.
Miguel Cabrera, who had four hits and four RBIs, and Marcus Thames also homered for Detroit. Andruw Jones homered twice for Texas.
Verlander (12-5) tied for the major league lead in wins. He boosted his AL-leading strikeout total to 172 while pitching seven innings.