Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon October 12, 2009
Gordon, Stuckey help Pistons over Hawks
AUBURN HILLS, MI – Ben Gordon scored 22 points and Rodney Stuckey added 20 as the new-look Detroit Pistons remained undefeated in the preseason with a 100-91 victory over the Atlanta
Hawks on Sunday night.
The Pistons are now 3-0 even though Charlie Villanueva (hamstring) has yet to play. Richard Hamilton and Will Bynum combined for 26 more points, helping Detroit overcome just eight points from its starting frontcourt.
Marvin Williams led the Hawks (1-1) with 19 points, while Othello Hunter had 14 and rookie Jeff Teague scored 12.
The Pistons used Stuckey's buzzer-beating jumper to take a 49-46 lead at the half, and then moved their advantage to 75-66 on Gordon's 30-footer at the end of the third period.
The teams combined to commit 57 fouls, leading to 59 free throws.