Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu March 28, 2013
GOP Group: Agema Should Resign For Facebook Post
Twenty-one Michigan Republicans are calling on a state Republican national committeeman to resign after he posted part of an article critical of gay people on his Facebook page.
Grand Traverse County Republican precinct delegate Dennis Lennox is leading the group and calls the piece Dave Agema posted Wednesday "deplorable" and "indefensible." Among the statements in the article is that gay people "account for half the murders in large cities."
The group calling for his resignation includes leaders of Republican college groups and precinct delegates.
Agema also served as a state representative from 2007-2012. The Associated Press left messages for Agema on Thursday seeking comment.
Michigan Republican Chairman Bobby Schostak says he has "no point of view at all" on Agema's resignation, saying it's "between Dave and his family and himself."