Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue June 16, 2009
Game 7 is most-watched NHL game in 36 years
NEW YORK – Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals is the most-watched NHL game in 36 years.
The Pittsburgh Penguins' championship-clinching 2-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings on NBC on Friday night averaged 8 million viewers. The network says that's the most since Game 6 of the 1973 Stanley Cup finals between Montreal and Chicago.
Game 7 earned a 4.3 rating and 8 share. It was the highest rating for a series-ending game since Game 7 of the 2003 Anaheim-New Jersey series.
The rating is the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program, while the share is the percentage of all TVs in use at the time.