Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Around the Nation
Fri November 11, 2011
Friday Is Corduroy Appreciation Day
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. You may think it's Veteran's Day, but that's not what one social club celebrates tonight. The Corduroy Appreciation Club loves this date because it's 11-11-11. They say it most resembles the fabric corduroy. I guess because of all the vertical lines. Anyway, this is a real club which denounces velvet as the poor man's corduroy and is meeting tonight in New York. In order to get in, you may wear at least three items made of corduroy. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.