Most Active Stories
- Sweetie-licious Slice of Life: A Farm to Table Gathering
- Book Review: for Banned Book Week, Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" | WKAR
- Governor Snyder Close To Supporting Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Edibles
- Ice Bridge: Mackinac Island's Hidden Season
- Off the Record | September 26, 2014 | #4414
Lifestyle & Recreation
Thu June 12, 2014
Fish Rodeo takes over the Grand River
Dr. Kirk Heinze is host of the regular feature “Greening of the Great Lakes” on WKAR’s MSU Today. Some of those conversations make their way to Current State. In a recent segment, Heinze spoke with Terry Terry, co-founder and president of the Michigan Institute for Contemporary Art and organizer of the new Grand American Fish Rodeo. The Lansing event takes place this today through Saturday at Adado Riverfront Park.
The Grand American Fish Rodeo blends music, story-telling, food and drink with boating, fishing and other outdoor life. The three-day celebration highlights the best of Michigan outdoor culture and natural beauty on the banks of the Grand River.
Terry Terry began the conversation with the origins of the Fish Rodeo.