Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu July 9, 2009
Federal stimulus en route to MSU Museum
By Mark Bashore, WKAR News
EAST LANSING, MI – $50,000 in federal stimulus money is coming to the MSU Museum.
The funding is intended to preserve jobs threatened by the recession.
Julie Avery is the museum's acting director.
"This $50,000 will go directly into, um, jobs in our museum that focus on traditional arts and cultural history," she says.
Avery says the grant will help maintain full-time status for four or five employees. It's part of a $400,000 grant to Michigan non-profit arts agencies. A total of ten recipients were announced Thursday by the National Endowment for the Arts.