Most Active Stories
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- Off the Record | December 13, 2013 | #4325
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Thu January 21, 2010
Ex-treasurer giving Mich. governor's race a look
LANSING, MI –
Former Michigan Treasurer Robert Bowman is busy these days running Major League Baseball's Internet and marketing operations in New York, but he's also setting up meetings in Michigan to explore a gubernatorial campaign.
With the Democratic field virtually wide open, Bowman - who still has a home in Harbor Springs - thinks this might be the time to run.
Okemos media consultant Robert Kolt has spoken to Bowman and says "there's no doubt he's serious about it."
Bowman served as treasurer under Democratic Gov. James Blanchard from 1983-90. Blanchard is among those urging the president and CEO of Major League Baseball Advanced Media to get into the race now that Lt. Gov. John Cherry has withdrawn.