Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon January 7, 2013
Ex-Con Charged With Murdering Daughter, 3 months
Lansing police say a 37-year-old ex-convict has been arrested on murder and abuse charges in the death of his 3-month-old daughter.
Police say they arrested John H. Sanders of Lansing on an open murder charge, as well as charges of first-degree child abuse and being a habitual offender.
Police say detectives went to a hospital Friday afternoon after getting a report that a baby was being treated for serious internal injuries. Janayjah Sanders was pronounced dead Friday night.
District Judge Louise Alderson ordered Sanders jailed until a pre-exam conference Jan. 15 and a preliminary examination Jan. 17.
The jail says Sanders also is being held on an out-of-state warrant and says there's no record of whether he has a lawyer.