Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue September 18, 2012
EL Council Could Fill Vacancy Tuesday
The East Lansing city council is expected to fill a vacancy on the council tonight.
There initially were 16 applicants for the city council seat in East Lansing. On Saturday, the 14 still in the running were interviewed by the four council members at a public meeting.
The council could pick a replacement for Don Power at tonight's regular meeting, which will be held at 7:30 at the MSU Union Building. If they're unable to make a decision tonight, another meeting would be scheduled in an effort to meet a Thursday deadline.
Power recently resigned from the council during the first year of his first term.
The person chosen to take his place will serve until the general election next year. The city charter would require an election in 2013 to fill the balance of the term, which will run through 2015.
Resumes for the applicants can be found online at cityofeastlansing-dot-com.