Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue August 28, 2012
EL Council to Address Vacancy
East Lansing officials will begin moving toward filling a vacancy on the city council tonight.
A special council meeting will determine the process for filling the opening.
Mayor Pro-Tem Nathan Triplett says the city charter requires the council to fill the opening within 30-days.
“I anticipate that we will set a period of time within which folks can submit an application," he says. "Then, the council will interview those applicants and then an appointment will be made, so this will be a fairly fast process.”
First term council member Don Power resigned suddenly last week.
Tonight’s public meeting will take place at 7:30 p.m. at 54-B District Court on Linden Street.