Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu November 19, 2009
Detroit police seize 14 kilos of cocaine
DETROIT, MI –
Police have seized 14 kilograms of cocaine worth an estimated $6 million on Detroit streets.
More than $200,000 in cash also was recovered from Wednesday's bust - at least the third major drug-related seizure this month in Detroit. More details were to be released Thursday afternoon.
Five kilograms of cocaine were confiscated over the weekend in what police say is a related case. A kilogram is 2.2 pounds.
About $662,000 in suspected drug money was found Nov. 9 in a duffel bag after a tip on narcotics activity at a Detroit motel. Police Chief Warren Evans said that money was believed to be part of "an interstate drug deal."
A man from Sherman, Texas, was arrested in that case.