Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu July 9, 2009
Detroit Pistons to announce their new coach
AUBURN HILLS, MI – The Detroit Pistons have called a news conference to announce their new head coach, who's expected to be Cleveland Cavaliers assistant John Kuester.
The announcement will be made Thursday in Auburn Hills.
A person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the team was near an agreement with Kuester. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal wasn't done.
Kuester was on Larry Brown's NBA championship-winning staff in Detroit five years ago.
Pistons president for basketball operations Joe Dumars fired rookie coach Michael Curry June 30. Curry led Detroit to a 39-43 regular-season record and was eliminated by the Cavaliers in the first round of the playoffs.