Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon October 5, 2009
Cutler leads Bears over Lions 48-24
CHICAGO – Jay Cutler threw two touchdown passes and ran for another, and the Chicago Bears pulled away in the second half to beat the Detroit Lions 48-24 on Sunday after they snapped their 19-game losing streak last week.
Matt Forte ran for 121 yards, rookie Johnny Knox returned a kickoff 102 yards and the Bears headed into their bye with their third straight win.
The Lions were celebrating a win over Washington that snapped a slide that matched the second-longest in league history a week earlier. This time, they were holding their breath after watching quarterback Matthew Stafford, the No. 1 draft pick, twist his right knee while being sacked in the fourth quarter.