Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Around the Nation
Tue April 17, 2012
Couple Charges Rental Property Is Haunted
Originally published on Tue April 17, 2012 7:07 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A couple in Tom's River, New Jersey say they need out of their rental property because it's already occupied - or possessed. Jose Chinchilla and Michele Callan say they hear strange noises and something tugs on their bed sheets. They sued the landlord to get their security deposit back. They even called in paranormal researchers, who found the house a little short of haunted. And the landlord countersued, saying the tenants just don't want to pay the rent. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.