Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Around the Nation
Thu November 17, 2011
Couple Celebrates 50 Years With Another Big Plunge
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Fifty years after taking the plunge, a New Mexico couple celebrated by skydiving in tandem. Alan Dodd wanted to do something different to mark their golden anniversary. His wife Pat needed some convincing. She gave in because, as she told Albuquerque's KRQE-TV, retirement has given the couple time to do crazy things. Apparently their four children are still in shock, and Alan is trying to convince Pat to do it again on the 75th. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.