Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Around the Nation
Mon May 7, 2012
Contest To Search For New Top Liar
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. West Virginia soon holds its annual liars contest. College professor Adam Booth won the last contest celebrating tall tales. Or at least he says he did. Asked by West Virginia Public Broadcasting for a true family story, he says his grandfather, as a boy, watched Cincinnati Reds games by looking through the chain link outfield fence. He won't say if that story is true, which gets you wondering did the outfield really have a chain link fence. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.