Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon September 9, 2013
Concert Stirs Strife In Disputed Kashmir Region
Originally published on Mon September 9, 2013 7:25 am
The German government sponsored the concert and chose as the venue Srinagar, Kashmir. That's the disputed territory in the Himalayas over which India and Pakistan have twice gone to war. Indian-controlled Kashmir has been torn by internal conflict as well for two decades as separatists fought to expel Indian forces.