Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu June 18, 2009
Colby Rasmus' bat leads Cardinals past Tigers
ST. LOUIS – he Tigers will try to snap a four-game losing streak when they wrap up a three-game interleague series against the Cardinals tonight in St. Louis.
Rookie Colby Rasmus had three hits and two RBIs to pace St. Louis to a 4-3 win last night.
Yadier Molina homered and Todd Wellemeyer earned the victory. Cardinals relievers allowed a run and three hits in 3 2-3 innings, with Ryan Franklin posting his 16th save in 17 chances.
Curtis Granderson homered twice, singled and walked for the Tigers. He's a .467 career hitter with three homers and 11 RBIs against St. Louis. But he struck out to end the game.
Detroit's Edwin Jackson (6-4) allowed three runs in six innings with seven strikeouts.