Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue August 11, 2009
Coach Dantonio speaks at media day
EAST LANSING, MI – The 2009 college football season is less then a month away, and for fans of Michigan State there is a sense of excitment that has not been around this program for quite a while.
After 2 consecutive winning seasons which included two bowl game apperances, Michigan State football seems to headed back into the spotlight. Entering his third season at the helm, Mark Dantonio knows too well that with winning comes higher expectations--after all, he was the defensive cordinator for the 2002 National Champion Ohio State Buckeyes.
Entering this season, Michigan State has been picked to finish third in the Big Ten Conference in the preseason poll, their highest since 2000.
Coach Dantonio, while excited at the possibilities for his team entering this season, realizes that this year is another piece to the bigger puzzle. The plan is to set a long lasting foundation for years to come--hopfully litered with roses.