Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu December 6, 2012
City of Lansing Awards Arts Grants to Four Organizations
The “Sense of Place” grants are meant to spur the visibility and aesthetic appeal of the Lansing area.
The Lansing Art Gallery will receive just under $57,000 to commission up to 10 sculptures from local artists to be installed in Wentworth Park in downtown Lansing.
The Lansing Host Lions Club is working with the Potter Park Zoo to build a so-called “sensory garden” at the zoo that also includes sculptures.
The Lansing Symphony Association will use its grant to produce a symphonic pops concert in 2013.
Finally, the REACH Studio Art Center will sponsor teen artists who’ll create three art projects and produce short documentary films about their work. The grants are administered through the Lansing Economic Area Partnership (LEAP).