Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri July 3, 2009
Christon's 25 points lead Liberty past Shock
NEW YORK – NEW YORK (AP) - Shameka Christon scored 25 points to help the New York Liberty cruise to a 80-64 victory over the Detroit Shock on Thursday night.
Loree Moore had 15 points, Cathrine Kraayeveld added 13 and Essence Carson 12 to help the Liberty (3-6) snap a three-game losing streak.
Cheryl Ford scored 13 points and Deanna Nolan and Kara Braxton had 12 each for the defending champion Shock (2-6), who fell to last in the Eastern Conference.
The Liberty made a season-high 12 3-pointers to win the teams' first meeting since the Shock beat the Liberty in three games in the Eastern Conference finals last year en route to their second title in three years and third in the last six.