Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed June 24, 2009
Chris Chelios to talk about his plans
DETROIT – Chris Chelios has a plan to talk about his future.
The 47-year-old defenseman says he will host a news conference this morning at Cheli's Chili Bar and Restaurant in Detroit to answer questions just days after the Red Wings confirmed he will not be offered a contract to stay.
Chelios has said he wants to play next season.
He played in six of 23 playoff games this year for the runner-up Red Wings, extending his NHL records by appearing in his 24th postseason and 266th playoff game. He played 28 regular-season games.
Chelios is a three-time Norris Trophy winner as the NHL's top defenseman and 11-time All-Star. The Chicago native and former Blackhawks player won Stanley Cups with Detroit and Montreal.